Direct Waiver for the SG-Coach Level 1 Theory course is given to those who have graduated from the following local courses:
- National Institute of Education’s Diploma / Postgraduate Diploma / Degree in Physical Education (MOE Teachers holding these certificates still need to apply for VPS Accreditation from CoachSG)
- Republic Polytechnic’s Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (VPS Integrated)*
- Republic Polytechnic’s Diploma in Sports Coaching (VPS Integrated)*
- Republic Polytechnic’s Part-Time Diploma in Sports (Coaching) (VPS Integrated)*
- International Management and Sports College Pte Ltd (IMSC) Diploma in Sports Science and Coaching (DSSC)"
*The waiver takes effect for AY17 intake of students onwards.
"With IMSC Fitness Nutrition Course + CoachSG’s Safe Sport e-module
All curriculum listed as Direct Waivers on this webpage have been approved by CoachSG following a rigorous curriculum review process.
For other candidates who do not possess the above qualifications, the two methods for SG-Coach Theory Accreditation are:
Accreditation through Coursework: This is suitable for individuals who do not have any formal learning in sports science and coaching. You will need to attend the Basic Sports Science Course, SG-Coach Theory and Technical Level 1 course. Please submit your interest with Republic Polytechnic (RP) here and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further queries. For SG-Coach Technical course, please contact the respective National Sports Associations and please note that some of them have integrated programmes which include the theory components. You may email us at email@example.com if you require assistance.
Accreditation through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): This is suitable for individual who had formal learning in areas of coaching or physical education (e.g. coaching certificate, diploma, degree, etc).
If you are interested in seeking for accreditation for SG-Coach Theory via recognition of prior learning, please apply via this link.
There is no cost for the evaluation BUT please note that a certification fee of S$54.00 (including GST) will be charged if a waiver is granted. For unsuccessful applications, no administrative fee will be charged and applicant encouraged to enrol in the SG-Coach Theory course. For successful applications, the applicant will be required to attend a 1-day Values and Principles in Sports (VPS) workshop and produce the VPS certificate before receiving the SG-Coach Theory (Accreditation) certificate. Please register for VPS workshop via this link.
Please refer to the summary table on the award of SG-Coach Theory accreditations.
If you have been a Ministry of Education (MOE) Physical Education (PE) teacher in service from 2015 onwards, you will be exempted from VPS workshop but are required to complete the following steps to obtain VPS Accreditation, before being eligible to receive the VPS (Accreditation) certificate:
- Register for a SportSync account and complete VPS E-learning topics via SportSG-ED (Refer to user guide here)
- Notify CoachSG of your SportSync ID once you have registered and activated your SportSG-ED account for e-learning to be assigned
- Complete VPS E-Learning topics and Coaching Philosophy Reflection via SportSG-ED
Both VPS E-learning Certificate of Completion and Coaching Philosophy Reflection document must be submitted for CoachSG’s review and approval via firstname.lastname@example.org. A S$20.00 (including GST) fee will be charged for the processing of VPS accreditation certificates, which includes a SportSG-ED user licence fee.
Should applicants have further queries, please e-mail email@example.com.