Game For Life
Sport offers a parallel pathway to success as it helps people develop the skills sets and principles valued by society. Sport can be a powerful vehicle if it is designed, structured and delivered with care and forethought. Sport Singapore developed the Game For Life Toolkit that features the use of game activities and specific role playing for the learning and development of performance, social and moral values and attributes. This enables training, education and coaching professionals to create teachable moments, where learning values can be infused into any sporting experience for every individual.
Game For Life Toolkit comprises:
Why should I be equipped with the Game For Life Toolkit?
The Game For Life Toolkit provides training, education and coaching to professionals looking to instil life-skills and values through sports. Corporations and educational institutions will be equipped with future skill sets and principles.
Who is the toolkit suitable for?
- Physical and Sport Educators
- Youth Sport Providers
- Corporate Training Professionals
- All who subscribe to sport as a platform for character and leadership development
Effectiveness of Game For Life Toolkit
To determine whether the Game For Life Toolkit was effective in values inculcation, Sport Singapore conducted an impact analysis that employed a combination of a treatment-control and pre-post research design over a school term of approximately 10 weeks.
Download this report to find out more.
- Game For Life was recognized as one of the Most Innovative Project/Policy Award at the Public Service PS21 ExCEL Awards 2014, and received the Gold Award for the Most Innovative Project at the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth PS21 ExCEL Awards 2014.
- Game For Life is acknowledged by South East Asia Regional Anti-Doping Organization (RADO) as a useful framework for the inculcation of values in sport. Mr Gobinathan Nair, Director General of Southeast Asia RADO conducts Game For Life workshops for sport coaches where he teaches them how to implement a structured approach in character development through sport using the framework in their coaching. This collaboration is also published on RADO's internal shared platform.
Game For Life Toolkit Training
The Game For Life Toolkit is available for use by schools, institutions and organisations. If you are keen to incorporate the framework into your existing sport activities, we can refer you to our training partners. Training for coaches and educators are customized to meet their respective needs.
Training content includes:
- Understanding values in sport
- Applying the Framework
- Understanding and infusing values into sport and game activities
- Designing and implementing sport and game activities for character and leadership development
Coaches can attend the Values and Principles in Sport (VPS) workshop to gain an understanding of Game For Life as an approach to developing character and leadership. You may refer to our course calender for upcoming VPS workshops.
Physical Education (PE) teachers can attend one of the workshops conducted by our school training partners.
Our Training Partners
- Evergreen Secondary School
- St Hilda Secondary School