It gets all physical at GetActive! Singapore 2022
27 Jun 2022
It’s time for everyone to get active, let’s Play On, Play Together in celebration of our nation’s 57th birthday
Singapore, 27 June 2022 – Sport Singapore (SportSG) announced that GetActive! Singapore (GASG) 2022 will be back with an exciting line up of physical activities in the lead up to National Day after two years of virtual programming due to the pandemic.
2. Happening from 30 July to 8 August, GASG events and programmes will take place at the Singapore Sports Hub, ActiveSG Sport Centres and heartland community spaces. To bring sport back to everyone, GASG 2022 will ensure that everyone, regardless of age and abilities, have opportunities to enjoy sport in celebration of National Day. These efforts are part of SportSG’s Bring Sport Back plan to reintroduce mass participation events, ramp up sport competitions and bring communities together again.
3. “We are excited to bring sport back and to engage with fellow Singaporeans and residents in person. This seventh edition of the GASG is special in many ways. We are going out in force to encourage everyone to be active, embrace sport and physical activity as part of their lifestyle, and support their aspirations to live better and happier.”
“Not only will GASG 2022 have its traditional favourites, like Pesta Sukan and Sport Festivals, but it will also feature new activities such as the YouthCreates Urban Fiesta for our youths, a first ever Seniors Obstacle Course at OCBC Square, and Active Health Make Every Move Count Workshops in support of the recently launched Singapore Physical Activity Guidelines. And those who want to clock their steps can do so with the special NDP 2022 Adventure edition on GameOn Nila!” said Dr Chiang Hock Woon, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, SportSG.
What’s on offer at GetActive! Singapore 2022
4. This year, family friendly GetActive! Sport Festivals organised by Team Nila volunteers will take place at 10 selected ActiveSG facilities and at Chinatown. Our budding community athletes can look forward to Pesta Sukan which will be back with 24 sports, 13 para sports and 5 signature events, the largest multi-sports competition for Singaporeans coming out of the pandemic.
5. At the Sports Hub, an extravaganza of dance and adrenaline sports will be on offer. Named YouthCreates Urban Fiesta, youths can join clinics, sport tryouts or compete at OCBC Square choosing either skateboarding, parkour or roller skating. All these against the backdrop of mesmerising dance feats by teams competing at the Lion City Dance Convention set to begin on 30 July.
6. Visitors can also check out the Active Health Experiential Booth which will feature a series of simple assessments allowing people to learn more about their fitness and health status. Participants can sign up for Make Every Move Count Workshops and take back useful tips on incorporating fitness movements into their daily routines.
7. Also happening at the OCBC Square will be a new Seniors Obstacle Course, a project supported by Active Enabler Programme to make functional movement and exercise more fun for our seniors. The project is part of the Seniors Sports Day series where seniors can also try out functional movement and exercise stations at the OCBC Square organised by our team from Active Health.
8. The popular GetActive! Workout: Dance of The Nation (DOTN) returns in 2022. Join mascots August and Nila as we dance together as one nation to celebrate the nation’s 57th birthday. Similar to last year, Singaporeans are encouraged to submit a video of themselves, family or fellow co-workers performing the dance moves for this year’s Theme Song “Stronger Together”. Standout videos will stand a chance to win a pair of NDP Show tickets or an August mascot plushie in the National Day DOTN lucky draw! Watch the new GetActive! Workout 2022 video here: https://go.gov.sg/getactiveworkout2022-dotn.
9. Meanwhile, the National Stadium will play host to the finale of the Nurture Kids programme for our pre-schoolers. For many pre-schoolers and teachers, this will be the first time they get to visit the National Stadium and get a chance to play a collection of modified traditional games under the 57 Kampong Games Reinvented initiative on the stadium field. Another new addition this year will be a record-breaking attempt inside the National Stadium. 57 fitness instructors and over 5,700 dance fitness enthusiasts will be dancing to the beat of the GetActive! Workout 2022 – Dance of the Nation. The new GASG Mass Fitness Workout aims to break participation records and will be held on 7 August.
10. Also new this year, ActiveSG members and the public can log onto the first ever NDP collaboration with GameOn Nila! on MyActiveSG smartphone app. The new NDP 2022 Adventure on GameOn Nila! is a mobile game that allows participants to explore Singapore’s heritage sites and key architectural markers as they clock 57,000 steps or hunt for QR codes for a chance to win NDP22 Preview tickets and more.
11. With the growing number of sporting events, SportSG will ensure sustainability and green efforts at all events. This is aligned to the Singapore Green Plan for a resilient future and sustainable living. At GASG 2022, organisers will reduce single use plastic bottles, reuse and recycle venue dressing and sports equipment, as well as repurpose premiums as giveaways. These are efforts towards green citizenry that consumes and wastes less.
12. SportSG is thrilled to organise the seventh edition of GetActive! Singapore. There will be events for everyone. For more information on any event or to review the line-up of GASG events, please visit: https://circle.myactivesg.com/getactive-singapore.
More details of events in GASG 2022 can be found in the Annex.