Catch the best moments of the 28th SEA Games on MediaCorp
20 Jan 2015
Singapore, 20 January 2015 – The Singapore Southeast Asian Games Organising Committee (SINGSOC) and MediaCorp today announced that MediaCorp is a main sponsor of the 28th Southeast Asian Games. As Host Broadcaster and Media Partner, MediaCorp will provide the largest sporting event coverage ever undertaken of any event in the history of Singapore. MediaCorp’s sponsorship is worth over S$14.6 million of cash and value-in-kind.
2. “As Host Broadcaster and Media Partner, we will draw inspiration from the Games to ‘Celebrate the Extraordinary’ with our audiences,” said Mr Chang Long Jong, Deputy CEO, MediaCorp. “We will bring the Games to audiences in new and innovative ways across our multiple platforms, taking audiences to the actions behind the scenes, in addition to the exciting coverage of the Games.”
3. Mr Chang added, “There will be interesting programmes and feature stories about the many unsung heroes of the Games, including the volunteers and people who have worked very hard to make this a reality. We hope to bring all Singaporeans together to support Team Singapore through our coverage of the Games.”
4. Television viewers will enjoy the Games on okto, the dedicated channel for SEA Games, in HD quality. Viewers on the move will catch even more sporting action via live feeds on Toggle, MediaCorp’s over-the-top internet video service. “Catch-Up” videos will be available on Toggle while News platforms such as Channel NewsAsia, TODAY, Radio stations and online platforms will provide extensive coverage including the latest scores, daily games updates and background stories.
5. Mr Lim Teck Yin, Executive Committee Chairman, SINGSOC, underscored the importance of having a strong broadcast and media partner. “We’re less than six months away and we are gearing up to ‘Celebrate the Extraordinary’ with Singaporeans and our neighbours. We are confident that with MediaCorp’s vast expertise and multi-platform reach, everyone can feel the excitement of the Games and cherish the memories for years to come. We have stepped into Singapore’s golden jubilee year and the SEA Games is an excellent platform for all of us unite and celebrate our extraordinary journey as a nation through sport.”
6. To be held in Singapore from 5 to 16 June 2015, the Southeast Asian Games will feature the finest athletes from 11 countries in Southeast Asia competing in 36 sports across 402 events.