The Singapore Sports Council (rebranded as “Sport Singapore” or “SportSG” with effect from 1 April 2014) appointed the National Anti-Doping Advisory Board (NADAB) to advise the SportSG and Anti-Doping Singapore (ADS) on all anti-doping matters.
The NADAB is represented by members with expertise in the following areas:
(i) Legal and justice (ii) Medical and scientific (iii) Sport policies and organisation of sports systems (iv) Education (v) Athlete’s reality and perspective
In carrying out its responsibilities, the NADAB shall:
- Provide periodic independent review of, and broad guidance to Singapore’s national anti-doping policies and strategies. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Doping Control Programmes administered by ADS
- Anti-Doping Education
- Anti-Doping Research
- Matters related to the World Anti-Doping Code (“Code”) compliance and the National Compliance Platform under the UNESCO
- Provide independent oversight of critical operational areas within ADS’s mandate where independence is either necessary or desirable under the Code, in order to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interests. This includes, but is not limited to:
- ADS’s Testing plan and strategies
- Information gathering and investigations conducted by ADS
- Result management processes
- ADS’s public messaging and positions taken
- Independently conduct administrative reviews when anti-doping rule violations have possibly occurred, and determine if ADS should proceed with the assertion of an Anti-Doping Rule Violation against an athlete or support personnel, or if a Whereabouts Failure should be recorded against an athlete.
The term of appointment of the NADAB is for 2 years, commencing 1 January 2023 till 31 December 2024. The NADAB members are: