Without the proper fuel, an athlete’s body cannot achieve peak performance.
This is why the Sport Nutrition Unit helps our athletes to plan their diets, ensuring that they are getting the proper nutrition during training, competition and recovery. Nutritional needs vary with each phase of training, and sport nutrition promotes healthy, responsible eating at all times. This includes advising our athletes about their nutritional supplements as well.
The services available at the Sport Nutrition Unit include:
- Individual dietary assessment, counselling and menu planning
- Anthropometric profiling (an assessment of body composition)
- Practical skill development sessions, including cooking skills, understanding food labels and menu planning
- Interactive education, talks and workshops
- Application of research results in new training methods, products and strategies to enhance athletic performance
- Analysis of diets, recipes and food records