Strength and Conditioning is more than just lifting weights. It refers to the all-round physical preparation to complement an athlete’s sports-specific skills development. It is imperative for sporting success.
Strength & Conditioning Coaching
Our strength and conditioning coaches work alongside the Sports Coach to design programmes that are carefully tailored to individual needs. We take into consideration the athlete’s physical condition, team and sport requirements.
We work closely with other sport science disciplines and the various National Sports Associations. This enables us to structure athletic conditioning programmes that are evidence-based and sports-specific. Using various innovative methods and technology, we are able to improve athlete’s sports-specific skills development.
Coaches of the Strength and Conditioning Unit are responsible for administering and supervising programs to help our athletes progressively explore their full potential for optimal performance.
The services provided by the Strength and Conditioning Unit include:
- Improving the strength base of our athletes
- Developing the right exercise techniques for our athletes
- Individual programmes to address our athletes’ specific strengths and weaknesses
- Improving our athletes’ physical conditioning through sports-specific conditioning sessions
- Improving our athletes’ multi-planar movement through agility and speed sessions
- Measuring and monitoring our athletes’ strength and functional performance
- Advising and counselling our athletes about strength training and conditioning methods
- Using research to determine ways and strategies to optimise our athletes’ sporting performance
Recruitment of Strength and Conditioning Service Providers
As a Strength and Conditioning (S&C) Coach, you will be providing strength and conditioning services and support to Team Singapore athletes. Also, you will be attending meetings with Sports coaches and other sport scientists assigned to the relevant sport team to address issues identified by coaches and athletes. In addition, you shall accompany the relevant sports team for overseas training when required
You should possess the following;
- At least 6 months of experience in conducting strength and conditioning training for athletes at national level.
- Accredited strength and conditioning coach by internationally recognised accreditation body. E.g. NSCA or ASCA.
Do indicate interest by submitting your CV to the following email Danny_LUM@sport.gov.sg, with the subject title: Application: S&C Coach