Non residents to pay new Standard rates for public sports facilities from May 2015
Non-residents to pay new Standard rates for public sports facilities from May 2015
Singapore, 1 April 2015 – Non-residents* will pay more for public sports facilities managed by Sport Singapore when a new fee structure kicks in from 1 May 2015. Under this structure, Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs) will continue to pay prevailing rates, while non-residents will be charged higher standard rates. This follows an announcement in August last year on plans to introduce the new fee structure.
2. The Standard rates will apply to facilities that are booked for use on and after 1 May. Please refer to Appendix A for the table of rates.
3. All existing concessions for senior citizens, children, and family members accompanying senior citizens to the sports facilities will continue to apply to Singapore Citizens and PRs only. Non-residents will not enjoy any concession.
4. “The new and higher Standard rates will only apply to non-residents, so that there is a differentiation in what non-residents pay and what Singaporeans and Permanent Residents pay to use the facilities,” said Mr Lai Chin Kwang, Chief, ActiveSG, Sport Singapore.
5. The public sports facilities managed by Sport Singapore are under the ActiveSG umbrella – a national movement for sport launched in April last year. There will be notices at all ActiveSG sports centres islandwide to inform users of the new Standard rates. Users can approach Guest Service Officers at the sports centres if they have questions on the new rates.
6. Advance online booking for facilities under the new standard rates will start from 17 April 2015 at ActiveSG.
* The non-resident population comprises foreigners who are working, studying or living in Singapore but not granted permanent residence. Tourists and other short term visitors are also regarded as part of the non-resident population.