Volvo Singapore to drive the 28th SEA Games in style
13 Mar 2015
Singapore, 13 March 2015 – Volvo Cars Singapore has always been an active partner in local sporting events. This year, they will be coming on board as the Official Car for the 28th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games – contributing a fleet of 125 vehicles, comprising the Volvo S60, S80 and V60 in 1.6L turbodiesel D2 and 2.0L T5 variants, for delegates and officials.
2. In the lead up to the 28th SEA Games, Volvo Cars Singapore has keenly supported related Games meetings such as the Chef De Mission meeting which took place on 25 and 26 November last year. The Chefs De Mission from the 11 participating Southeast Asian countries were driven around in Volvo vehicles to visit various competition venues and also the flagship SEA Games merchandise store located in the heart of Singapore’s shopping district, Orchard Road.
3. Volvo Cars Singapore was also actively involved in community events, such as the One Team Singapore event which took place during the Orchard Road’s Pedestrian Night on 7 March 2015.
4. “Volvo has always been a strong supporter of major local sporting events. We are excited and privileged to be the Official Car of the 28th SEA Games, the marquee event in the lead-up to Singapore’s Golden Jubilee. Our Volvo S60, S80 and V60 are excellent reflections of athleticism and dynamic performance. With their presence, we are confident that they will help to enrich the vitality and energy of the biggest sporting event of the year”, shared Ms Sabrina Sng, General Manager, Wearnes Automotive Pte Ltd (Volvo).
5. “We are pleased to welcome Volvo Cars Singapore to be part of the region’s most iconic multi sports event – 28th SEA Games.” said Mr Toh Boon Yi, Chief of Community & Corporate Outreach, Singapore Southeast Asian Games Organising Committee (SINGSOC). “Volvo is not new to the local sporting scene and their continuous support for sports shows their confidence in sports. They have set a good example for Corporate Singapore to embrace sports and we hope more companies will use sports to reach out to the community.”
6. Volvo is also involved in one of the sports to introduce a new concept to improve efficiency during Game play to up the ante in the sport experience. More information will be revealed in May 2015.
7. For the 28th SEA Games, Volvo Cars Singapore will run a special promotion whereby VIP and official cars will be open for booking at heavily-subsidized prices with discounts of up to $20,000. The reserve fleet, which are designated as back-up vehicles and are unlikely to incur mileage, is now available for booking.
8. Volvo Cars Singapore has also been actively involved in other major sporting events in Singapore such as the inaugural 2010 Youth Olympic Games, OCBC Cycle and Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore.