SingTel Pledges Over S$15 million For 28th SEA Games
27 Jun 2014
Singapore, 27 June 2014
- Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) today announced its contribution as the largest sponsor to date for the 28th Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games). As Official Multimedia Partner, SingTel will provide over S$15 million in next-generation multimedia solutions and technological infrastructure to support Singapore's sporting quest as host nation of the SEA Games, which is making its return to the country after 22 years.
2. “It is our priority to provide next-generation multimedia services for major sporting events in Singapore, such as the inaugural Youth Olympic Games and Formula One®. SingTel has been a big supporter of sports, and mio TV has been bringing unprecedented live coverage of major international sporting events into the homes of Singaporeans. We are pleased to be the Official Multimedia Partner for the SEA Games next year, especially when Singapore will be celebrating its 50th birthday,” said Mr Yuen Kuan Moon, CEO Consumer Singapore, SingTel.
3. Under the partnership with Singapore Southeast Asian Games Organising Committee (SINGSOC), SingTel will provide end-to-end multimedia solutions to enable seamless connectivity and the smooth organisation of the Games at all venues. SingTel’s network capabilities will support an integrated games management system to coordinate and process data at the event.
4. "In planning for the Games, we envisaged it to be the most digitalised Games in its history - one in which we can use technology powered by SingTel to augment game experiences and reach out to the entire Southeast Asia region,” said Mr Richard Seow, Chairman of Sponsorship and Marketing Advisory Sub-Committee, SINGSOC. He added that: “This timely partnership will not only allow us to capture, interpret and co-create compelling shareable content, but will also bring us closer to that vision with their comprehensive portfolio of service that is ever-so-critical in today’s working environment where speed and resiliency of data transmission is key.”
5. Come 5 June 2015, Singapore will be host to over 7,000 athletes and officials from 11 Southeast Asian nations across 36 sports. SingTel will sponsor high-speed internet and WiFi capabilities to ensure all participants stay connected.
6. SingTel will also be organising an exciting line-up of activities to engage the community and rally Singaporean’s support for Team Singapore athletes. It will lend its next-generation multimedia capabilities to enhance the series of roadshows, school engagements and public activities in the lead up to the region’s biggest multi-sport event. More details will be unveiled at a later date.
Related Link: Speech By Mr Richard Seow, Sport Singapore Chairman And Chairman Of Sponsorship And Marketing Advisory Sub-Committee, SINGSOC At The SINGSOC-SingTel Partnership Agreement Ceremony
For queries on SingTel:
Tricia Lee, SingTel Corporate Communications
Tel: +65 6838 3065
For media enquiries:
Emily Poon, Ogilvy Public Relations
Tel: +65 6213 7875
Lynette Lim, Public Relations & Strategic Communications, SINGSOC
Tel: +65 6500 5225
SingTel is Asia's leading communications group providing a portfolio of services including voice and data solutions over fixed, wireless and Internet platforms as well as infocomm technology and pay TV. The Group has presence in Asia and Africa with over 500 million mobile customers in 25 countries, including Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, the Philippines and Thailand. It also has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the United States.
About the 28th SEA Games
The 28th SEA Games will be held from 5 -16 June 2015, with Singapore Sports Hub as the main venue for the Games. Organised by the Singapore Southeast Asian Games Organising Committee (SINGSOC), the Games is held in conjunction with Singapore’s 50th anniversary and will host more than 7,000 athletes and officials from 36 sports. Adopting the theme of Celebrate the Extraordinary, the Games will celebrate triumph of human spirit - be it in sports or daily lives; in success or in the grit to try again and again; in winning or in merely being at the start line. The 28th SEA Games will show the people of the Southeast Asia that success ultimately comes to ordinary people with extraordinary dreams. It’s not about having a champion, but inspiring the champion that is inside each of us.
Follow us on:
28th SEA Games Website: www.seagames2015.com
28th SEA Games Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/SEAGAMES2015
8th ASEAN Para Games Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/ASEANPARAGAMES2015