SCMS Introduces New Registration Model And Offered More Than 20,000 Discounted Race Entries In 2014
19 Jun 2014
100 special $1 entries up for grabs at ION Orchard on 16 July
Singapore, 19 June 2014
– Participants in the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore (SCMS) 2014 will enjoy more than 20,000 discounted race entries, including 100 special $1 slots across the range of race categories, when registration opens next month. Event organiser Spectrum Worldwide also confirmed that there will be no increase in fees this year as they unveiled a new registration model for Singapore’s marquee running event.
2. Moving away from the traditional time-based ‘Early Bird’ structure, the new system is designed to reward participants who sign up early. Registration fees for SCMS 2014 will now mirror many of the world’s leading running events and will be set at a certain number per race category. Separated into three phases, namely Priority+, Priority and Normal, the discounted registration fee will only move to the next price range once the numbers of pre-determined race slots for each category have been claimed. (Please refer to Annex A attached for full details).
3. “We are excited to launch our new registration model for SCMS 2014 and we believe it will be well received by Singapore’s running community. The model has been successfully executed in various top Marathons around the world and it essentially works to reward participants who register as early as possible. It also places the onus on participants to take advantage of the discounts,” said Chris Robb, Managing Director, Spectrum Worldwide.
4. SCMS 2013 runners who are also SCB cardholders have the first opportunity for registration from 7 July 2014. In addition, all SCMS 2013 runners and Standard Chartered Bank cardholders will be able to secure their spots on the start line from 9 July. This pre-launch registration period closes at 12.00am on 15 July until public registration officially opens from 11.00am on 16 July. Participants can either sign up in person at ION Orchard during the launch event or online at www.marathonsingapore.com
. A total of 100 $1 entries will be available only at ION Orchard – 42 slots for Marathon (42.195km), 21 slots for Half Marathon (21.1km), 10 slots for 10km and 27 slots for Kids Dash – on a first come, first served basis. These lucky 100 registrants will also receive a premium goodie bag. Limited edition goodie bags will also be handed out to the next 500 registrants at ION Orchard, and there will be a set number of Priority+ slots reserved for registrants at ION Orchard. (Please refer to Annex A attached).
5. For the first time in the history of SCMS, Spectrum Worldwide will also be taking the registration drive to five running communities – Jurong West, Sengkang, Pasir Ris, Toa Payoh and Yio Chu Kang Sports Centres. Organised in conjunction with ActiveSG, these roadshows will take place at the various Sports Centres during the weekends of 19-20 July and 26-27 July (see details in Annex A). Other than enjoying the opportunity to secure one of the 250 Priority+ slots especially reserved for the residents of each running community, the first 100 registrants at each roadshow will also receive the limited edition goodie bag.
6. Spectrum Worldwide, along with event owner Sport Singapore and title sponsor Standard Chartered Bank, are aiming to significantly increase the amount of funds raised for charity at SCMS 2014. In order to do so, the Ekiden has been identified as the ideal platform to drive the event’s fundraising efforts. All six-member teams must commit to raising a minimum of S$500 (or approximately $84 per runner) on GIVE Asia for the local charity of their choice before Monday, 27 October in order to qualify for the Ekiden on race day. This is in addition to the existing partnership with GIVE Asia where every SCMS 2014 participant is encouraged to raise funds for a cause close to their heart.
7. “The new Ekiden fundraising format and the introduction of the registration roadshows are both key elements of SCMS’ enhanced community engagement in 2014,” said Robb. “Increasing the amount of funds raised for charity has long been a focus for SCMS and we are determined to make significant strides this year. We trust that the Ekiden teams, as well as all other participants, will go the extra mile for charity and use their fundraising as added motivation on race day. We’re also thrilled to be taking our registration roadshows across the island, further reaching out to the running communities to be part of SCMS 2014. This community engagement will also extend beyond registration and we look forward to announcing those exciting details at our official launch on 16 July.”
8. For all SCMS 2014 registration details please visit www.marathonsingapore.com
EVENT LAUNCH DETAILS
Name: Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014 – Registration launch
Date: Wednesday, 16 July 2014
Venue: ION Orchard (main entrance along Orchard Road)
For media enquiries, please contact:
Full Circle PR
Mobile: 9839 0905
Ronda Ng Doswell
Full Circle PR
Mobile: 9152 2842
About Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore
Standard Chartered in Singapore is part of an international banking group with more than 86,000 employees and a 150-year history in some of the world’s dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East, where we earn around 90 per cent of our income and profits. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise, Here for good.
Standard Chartered has a history of 155 years in Singapore, opening its first branch here in 1859 and in October 1999 was among the first international banks to receive a Qualifying Full Bank (QFB) license, an endorsement of the Group’s long-standing commitment to its businesses in the country.
The Bank transferred its Singapore Retail and SME business to a locally-incorporated subsidiary, Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited on 7 October 2013. The Bank in Singapore serves both retail and corporate clients.
It provides credit cards, personal loans, auto loans, mortgages, deposit taking and wealth management services to individuals and small to medium sized enterprises. The Bank also provides corporate and institutional clients with services in trade finance, cash management, lending, securities services, foreign exchange, debt capital markets and corporate finance.
The Bank employs over 7,400 people in Singapore and has a network of 19 branches, 8 Priority Banking centres and 31 ATMs. Standard Chartered is the only international bank to offer NETS service, giving its clients access to EFTPOS at over 17,000 outlets island-wide.
The Bank’s global business is managed out of Singapore, as is its global Technology & Operations function.
About Sport Singapore
As the national sports agency, Sport Singapore’s core purpose is to inspire the Singapore spirit and transform Singapore through sport. Through innovative, fun and meaningful sporting experiences, our mission is to reach out and serve communities across Singapore with passion and pride. With Vision 2030 – Singapore’s sports master plan, our mandate goes beyond winning medals. Sport Singapore uses sport to create greater sporting opportunities and access, more inclusivity and integration as well as broader development of capabilities. At Sport Singapore, we work with a vast network of public-private-people sector partners for individuals to live better through sport.
To find out more, visit our websites www.sportsingapore.gov.sg and www.myactivesg.com.
Follow us at www.facebook.com/myActiveSG and www.youtube.com/SingaporeSports.
For photographs, go to www.flickr.com/ssc-sportsphotography.
About Spectrum Worldwide
Spectrum Worldwide is a leading event management and experiential marketing company operating throughout the Asia Pacific region. For more than 20 years, Spectrum Worldwide has created and managed tailored experiences that not only bring to life our clients’ brands, but also provide opportunities for companies to showcase their core values in a memorable and compelling way.
Through long-standing partnerships with multi-national companies throughout the region, Spectrum Worldwide has consistently delivered groundbreaking, iconic events including the Standard Chartered Marathon, Red Bull Flugtag Singapore, and the Singapore Red Bull Speed Street Singapore and KL. Spectrum is also expanding its footprint across the region and cementing its foothold in the cycling market through Cycle Asia, a network of premier cycling events across Asia.
Spectrum’s approach centres on understanding clients’ needs, and designing and delivering the best event solutions based on our years of experience.
For more information, go to: www.sww.com.sg