National Movement For Sport Goes Live on 26 April 2014
25 Apr 2014
Singapore, 24 April 2014
– Sport Singapore brings the latest in sports lifestyle to Singaporeans. Through ActiveSG, the local public sports facilities will be given a facelift, a creative tweak to sports participation and rejuvenation for studio programmes. This is on top of enhancing membership experiences to make sport a lifestyle choice.
2. Rebranded from ‘Super Sports Club’, ActiveSG was conceptualised under Vision 2030 to extend the reach of sports programming to all Singaporeans – regardless of age and abilities. This newly launched national movement for sport aims to create pathways for sports development to get all spheres of the community on board – from schools, organisations, corporates, right down to the individuals and families.
3. ActiveSG’s three key thrusts to enable Singaporeans to Live Better Through Sport includes:
- Membership Experience
- Programme Design
- Facilities Makeover
4. Serving as a sporting social network for people, registered ActiveSG members will have benefits including exclusive invitations to members’ only events, priority booking of facilities, and complimentary trial classes. Booking of programmes and facilities will also be taking on a new sphere of social interaction through the new Membership Management System (MMS).
5. Aiming to enhance social communities through sport, members can network by looking for sports buddies, form interest groups, and sign up for social events via the new MMS. In the next phase of ActiveSG, this portal will be a platform for forming sports leagues and zonal affiliation for members. Singaporeans and PRs can sign-up as an ActiveSG member via www.myactivesg.com from 25 April onwards.
6. Recognising the popularity for studio fitness programmes, ActiveSG will also be sole provider of the new fitness programmes into Singapore such as Piloxing® and Masala Bhangra®.
7. Variety in choice and continuously bringing in new interests will be a key mission in leading programme design for ActiveSG. Families will have the opportunity to learn, keep fit and appreciate the sport together. One such example is the collaboration with ActiveSG and Warriors FC’s Kids Warriors Programme. The parents would be involved in some of training sessions, and on other occasions, formed their own interest groups and played futsal while their children participated in the structured football training session.
8. Moving away from the conventional public swimming complexes, ActiveSG Sports Centres will soon include additional activities and props to make a trip to the swimming pool a fun-filled experience for all.
9. Want to complete your swim with a land-based workout? Sports Centres such as Jurong West, Clementi and Ang Mo Kio (from May) will have a gym by the pool. New fixtures include Aqua Spinning for a cycling workout which uses water resistance, Flippa Ball – modified waterpolo for children, and an Aqua Rockwall for a splashing good time.
Open House Details
10. Introducing the new offerings to the public ActiveSG will be holding several Open houses at the following Sports Centres from 9am to 6pm
- 26 April (Saturday): Jurong West Sports Centre
- 27 April (Sunday): Sengkang Sports Centre
- 03 May (Saturday): Yio Chu Kang Sports Centre
- 04 May (Sunday): Bishan Sports Centre
- 10 May (Saturday): Pasir Ris Sports Centre
For media enquiries, please contact:
Senior Executive, Media Relations
Corporate Communications & Relations
Tel: +65 6500 5245
HP: +65 9729 3700
Corporate Communications & Relations
Tel: +65 6500 5236
HP: +65 9839 1974
As a key recommendation of Vision 2030 – Singapore’s master plan for sports, ActiveSG was launched in April 2014 as the national movement for sport. ActiveSG aims to create a sporting ecosystem that provides innovative and experiential sport related programmes at sports centres island wide. This movement will act as an enabler to build a community for individuals, families and organisations from different zones where Singaporeans can come together to learn, train, compete and host a range of sports. Working together with communities, National Sports Associations (NSAs), schools, corporations, public agencies and interest groups, ActiveSG aims to co-create programmes that are affordable and inclusive for all skill levels and age groups.
About Sport Singapore
As the national sports agency, Sport Singapore’s core purpose is to inspire the Singapore spirit and transform Singapore through sport. Through innovative, fun and meaningful sporting experiences, our mission is to reach out and serve communities across Singapore with passion and pride. With Vision 2030 – Singapore’s sports master plan, our mandate goes beyond winning medals. Sport Singapore uses sport to create greater sporting opportunities and access, more inclusivity and integration as well as broader development of capabilities. At Sport Singapore, we work with a vast network of public-private-people sector partners for individuals to live better through sports.
To find out more, visit our websites www.sportsingapore.gov.sg and www.myactivesg.com.
Follow us at www.facebook.com/SingaporeSports and www.youtube.com/SingaporeSports.
For photographs, go to www.flickr.com/ssc-sportsphotography.