adidas Gives a Fresh Boost to Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore Race Pack Collection
02 Dec 2014
Singapore, Tuesday, 2 December 2014 – adidas, in partnership with the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore (SCMS), today announced plans to turn this year’s race pack collection period into a three-day immersive experience. Packed with interactive activities, the collection event is aimed at motivating runners to go #allin for Singapore’s marquee running event, set to take place on Sunday, 7th of December 2014.
2. Themed “Boost Singapore”, the three-day collection period will feature workshops and talks on race preparation and strategy. These insightful sessions will be spearheaded by adidas running ambassador Melvin Wong, as well as Fabian Williams -Head Coach of Fabian Williams Coaching Concepts (FWCC). Both experts in their field, Melvin and Fabian will share advice on how to best prepare for the marathon both physically and mentally, while physiotherapist Aparna Shah and marathon veteran Azhar Azib will provide tips and tricks on how to best cope with injuries and aches sustained from the race, and life after SCMS.
3. Additionally, an active foot scan station utilising the state-of-the-art BOOST™ foam cushioning, will be set up within the race pack collection premises, where Singapore’s first licensed podiatrist Tye Lee Tze will help participants ascertain their runner type and ideal shoe fit.
4. For the first time in a Singapore marathon, coloured-coded wristbands will be issued to runners based on their area of residence. Green, purple, orange, yellow and blue wristbands will be colour-coded to correspond with the Central, East, West, North-East and North regions of Singapore. Through this unique initiative, adidas and SCMS hope to boost a sense of community amongst runners residing in the same region, whilst fostering healthy competition amongst marathon participants.
5. In addition, runners will be able to engrave their race timings on these wristbands upon completion of their run. The adidas miTime engraving service will be available to the first 200 participants on a first-come-first-served basis on race day, while remaining runners can head down to the adidas Originals Cathay store to engrave their race timings from 8th – 21st of December 2014, 12pm to 8pm.
6. The engraving service is sponsored by adidas for all race participants, who are encouraged to make a donation of their choice to Singapore-registered charity Hope Worldwide (Singapore). adidas will also match every donation dollar for dollar.
7. The SCMS 2014 race pack collection will take place from Thursday, 4th of December to Friday, 5th of December between 10am – 9pm and on Saturday, 6th of December from 10am – 7pm at the Singapore Expo, Hall 5.
*Please refer to the appendix for a detailed schedule of the SCMS race pack collection.
For further information, please contact:
Li Lan Tan
Edelman for adidas
Tel: 6733 1110