FBT commits S$1.5million - its largest support for a SEA Games
03 Nov 2014
FBT also sponsors local NSA, Pétanque and Sports Boules, for four years
Singapore, 3 November 2014 – FBT will be the official games uniform partner for the 28th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games in June next year. The apparel will be worn by volunteers, workforce and officials during Games time.
2. Designed and produced by the Thailand-based sports apparel and equipment company, over 70,000 pieces of garment worth over S$1.5million will include polo t-shirts, jackets, track pants, and vests for the people working behind-the-scenes to make the sporting event a success.
3. “Since we made a call out for partners to come onboard to support the 28th SEA Games, we had various organisations step forward to do their part. We are proud to have FBT joining our esteemed group of 28th SEA Games sponsors and partners. FBT is synonymous in the regional and local sporting circles. They have been linked with sports teams from many schools in Singapore, grassroots organisations, and also the National Sport Associations (NSAs),” said Mr Lim Teck Yin, Chairman, EXCO committee, Singapore Southeast Asian Games Organising Committee (SINGSOC). “Beyond giving our volunteers, workforce and officials an identity during the Games, the FBT apparel will eventually be a keepsake and memory of the 2015 Games for many years to come.”.
4. Expressing his belief in the SEA Games, Mr Monchai Chokephaibulkit, Deputy Managing Director for FBT said, “FBT have been involved with the SEA Games in various ways since 1993. With Singapore taking on as hosts for the 28th SEA Games after 22 years, we hope our expertise will play a part to help SINGSOC host a successful Games next year. The 2015 Singapore SEA Games will be the largest sponsorship that we have ever invested into a SEA Games to date, and we look forward to establish FBT as a regional brand for Southeast Asia.”
5. Taking one step further to give the local Pétanque sport scene a boost beyond the 28th SEA Games, FBT will not only be providing the required sports equipment during Games time, it will also be the sponsor for the Singapore National Sports Association for Pétanque and Sports Boules for four years, starting from 2015.
6. Mr Lim added that the official games uniform partner’s initiative goes in line with the vision to create a legacy beyond the SEA Games. “We are glad that FBT has taken that extra step to support the sport of Pétanque, for the Games and beyond. Described as a sport for all ages, we look forward to the start of a fruitful collaboration and the growth of this sport, and look forward to more Singaporeans living better through sport.”
7. Leading the way in extending his sponsorship beyond the Games, Mr Chokephaibulkit added, “We hold a special relationship with Pétanque and believe that the sport has a lot of potential to grow in the Southeast Asian region. So, we have committed to help the local national sports association, Pétanque and Sports Boules, to promote and cultivate the sport in Singapore for the next four years.”
8. FBT is a well-known and trusted brand for quality products at great value. For over 20 years, the sports apparel and equipment company has been actively supporting the Singapore sports scene by offering good quality products at highly affordable prices, and making them accessible to all those involved in sports both recreationally and competitively. Having kitted thousands of sports teams in Singapore – from schools, grassroots organisations to National Sport Associations – through the years, and FBT shares these athletes’ aspirations, dedication and passion for excellence.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Senior Executive, Public Relations and Strategic Communications, SINGSOC
Tel: +65 6500 5246
HP: +65 9729 3700
Executive, Public Relations and Strategic Communications, SINGSOC
HP: +65 9298 2670