Rajah and Tann is Official Legal Partner of the 28th SEA Games 2015
16 Oct 2014
Singapore, 16 October 2014 – Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP is the Official Legal Partner of the 28th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games, the firm and the Singapore Southeast Asian Games Organising Committee (SINGSOC) announced today.
2. As the official and exclusive Legal Partner, Rajah & Tann will advise, prepare and negotiate the various legal documentation necessary for SINGSOC’s hosting and staging of the Games in Singapore from 5-16 June 2015. These include agreements on sponsorships, media rights, marketing, merchandising, licensing, venue, logistics, ticketing, and participation by athletes and torch relay runners.
3. Rajah & Tann will also review risk factors and advise on legal liability management, doping control rules and procedures, and the resolution of competition-related disputes that may arise from or during the Games, as well as provide legal support on matters relating to the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
4. Rajah & Tann’s Managing Partner and Chairman of Rajah & Tann Asia, Mr Lee Eng Beng, Senior Counsel (PBM) said: “We are extremely proud to be an Official Partner of the SEA Games. It is an ideal platform for us to show our support for sports and the community in the region, especially since we have offices in almost all of the countries that are participating in the SEA Games. And being Asian, we know what it takes to foster a spirit of cooperation and camaraderie amongst the diverse cultures in the region. Coincidentally, we also have amongst us here today former SEA Games athletes whom we work closely with.”
5. Chief, Community and Corporate Outreach for SINGSOC Mr Toh Boon Yi said: “Rajah & Tann is one of the few law firms here and in the region that has the specialised expertise in sports law, and believes in the value of sport and in supporting community events. This makes them both an ideal partner and ambassador of the spirit of the 28th SEA Games, which we look for when co-creating this sporting extravaganza. We will be working closely with Rajah & Tann for their legal counsel, and create a legacy that our local sports eco-system can tap on.”
6. Mr Lau Kok Keng, Head of Intellectual Property, Sports and Gaming at Rajah & Tann, said: “In recent years, the firm has established a sports law practice that has seen us representing some of the marquee names in international sports as well as advising on major sporting events. As sports law encompasses other areas of practice such as employment, contract, intellectual property, media and tort law, a firm like Rajah & Tann with its full spectrum of legal services and depth of experience and expertise across eight countries in Southeast Asia, can offer significant advantage to our clients in both the sporting and business community.”
7. Rajah & Tann Singapore is part of Rajah & Tann Asia, Southeast Asia’s largest legal services provider with more than 500 lawyers from nine offices in the region with eight in Southeast Asia that include Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Click here for biographies of athletes.
Related Link: Speech by Mr Toh Boon Yi, , Chief of Corporate & Community Outreach, SINGSOC for Rajah & Tann Singapore Sponsorship Announcement of the 28th SEA Games
For media queries, please contact:
Catherine Ong Associates Pte Ltd
DID: +65 6327 6088
Mobile: +65 9697 0007
DID: +65 6222 1680
Mobile: +65 9172 1180
Public Relations & Strategic Communications
Mobile: +65 9298 2670
Public Relations & Strategic Communications
Tel: +65 65005217
Mobile: +65 97293700
About Rajah & Tann Asia
Rajah & Tann Asia brings together leading law firms and lawyers in Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam, with each offering the highest standards of service to locally-based clients while collectively having the capacity to handle the most complex regional and cross-border transactions and to provide excellent legal counsel seamlessly across the region. With more than 500 lawyers, all working towards one shared goal, we are lawyers who know Asia and who give our clients home advantage.
About the 28th SEA Games
The 28th SEA Games will be held from 5 -16 June 2015, with Singapore Sports Hub as the main venue for the Games. Organised by the Singapore Southeast Asian Games Organising Committee (SINGSOC), the Games is held in conjunction with Singapore’s 50th anniversary and will host more than 7,000 athletes and officials from 36 sports. Adopting the theme of Celebrate the Extraordinary, the Games will celebrate triumph of human spirit - be it in sports or daily lives; in success or in the grit to try again and again; in winning or in merely being at the start line. The 28th SEA Games will show the people of the Southeast Asia that success ultimately comes to ordinary people with extraordinary dreams. It’s not about having a champion, but inspiring the champion that is inside each of us.
Follow us on:
28th SEA Games Website: www.seagames2015.com
28th SEA Games Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/SEAGAMES2015