6. The 28th SEA Games is expected to be one of the biggest regional sports events in 2015. Over 7,000 athletes and officials are expected at this event which will take place over 10 days during the June 2015 school holidays. To be held across multiple venues in Singapore including Singapore's new Singapore Sports Hub, organisers are committed to deliver a differentiated and unforgettable experience for everyone, in partnership with other partners and stakeholders.
7. The 28th SEA Games will have something for everyone, and not just sport aficionados. Programmes and activities would include F&B, entertainment as well as other elements for the whole family. The ticketing and pricing strategy will be carefully designed to ensure that the Games is accessible to all.
8. Ms Lim Sau Hoong, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Creative Director, 10AM Communications, who is also a member of the Sponsorship and Marketing Advisory Sub-Committee said: "SEA Games 2015 doesn't just bring sportsmen and fans together, it is an opportune moment to connect brands with their audience. Leveraging on a viewership that reaches out to the region, brands can strengthen their position and aim to expand their presence. Ultimately, the SEA Games champions unity and camaraderie - whether it's between nations, athletes and their fans, or brands and their supporters."
9. This will also be the most digital games in Singapore's history. Organisers will develop a robust content strategy that can maximise reach: where content, once created, can be published and searchable everywhere - whether it is YouTube, Google, Facebook or other online media platforms. To sustain the virality of the Games, an Official 28th SEA Games documentary along with over 50 creative videos will be produced to feature athletes, coaches, and the various sports. On top of this, a targeted 600 web content articles will be created to activate search engines and seed social media traffic. These articles will be written by content creators and story-tellers to provide a different, compelling and heartfelt side of the Games.
10. Mobile applications will be built to provide Games related information on-the-go. The use of second screen technology is also being explored, to enhance visitors' on-venue experience as well as facilitate engagement with the social community.
11. Another member of the SINGSOC Sponsorship and Marketing Advisory Sub-Committee, Mr John Vamvakitis, Head of Sport, Google Asia Pacific: "Digital provides a powerful and cost effective platform that will extend sponsors' reach beyond traditional channels. How far we can go using digital is limited only by our imagination. With the SEA region boasting one of the fastest growing digital adopters, digital will play a crucial role in engaging consumers during the games. Digital will also enable participants to enjoy the games in more ways than one for example through the use of second screens, mobile applications as well as social media."
12. The Games will be held in conjunction with Singapore's 50th anniversary - a major milestone in the Republic's history. The 28th SEA Games has been identified as one of the official major events that will be part of the 50th anniversary celebrations. Acting Minister for Culture, Community and Youth, Mr Lawrence Wong, who is also the SINGSOC Steering Committee Chairman, is co-chairing the Culture & Community Committee under the Singapore 50 (SG50) Steering Committee.