Rajah & Tann Singapore Sponsorship Announcement of the 28th SEA Games
16 Oct 2014
Mr Lau Kok Keng, Head of Intellectual Property, Sports and Gaming, Rajah & Tann
Friends from Rajah & Tann
Ladies and Gentlemen
1. Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to be here today as we welcome Rajah & Tann Singapore onboard as our Official Legal Partner for the 28th Southeast Asian Games.
2. It is 231 days, or about 7 months to the 28th SEA Games, and we have been ramping up our publicity efforts by marking the one-year-countdown with an open house at the new Sports Hub as well as going out to the community with tailored outreach programmes. For example, we have started going to schools to excite the students about the return of the 28th SEA Games to Singapore after 22 years, rally them behind our Team Singapore Athletes, and to inspire our budding sporting talents to take their passion to new heights.
3. Rajah & Tann Singapore is no stranger to being part of multi-sport events, and was a natural choice for the organising committee of SEA Games. Not only are they a home-grown Singapore firm, equipped with the relevant expertise in sports law, they are also part of Rajah & Tann Asia, which has offices in 8 Southeast Asian countries. Today, we are excited to officially announce them as a partner whose experience with the legal systems in Southeast Asia will benefit us greatly during the Games.
4. As the Official Legal Partner for the 28th SEA Games, Rajah & Tann will play a pivotal role in providing legal advice and services for the organising committee of the Games. Their partnership entails the full provision of legal services required for the Games which includes
- Review of risk factors and advise on legal liability management, doping control rules and procedures;
- Advice on formulation of framework for Resolution of competition-related disputes that may arise from or during the Games;
- In addition, they will provide legal support to matters relating to the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
5. As part of providing a legacy for sports in Singapore, Rajah & Tann and Sport Singapore will be conducting clinics for our National Sports Associations (NSA) to educate and to keep them well-equipped to handle any legal complexities that may arise, when they are organising events. We believe that these clinics will provide valuable information and knowledge that can be applied beyond the Games.
6. This goes back to one of our criteria when selecting sponsors – creating a legacy for sporting Singapore. With the 28th SEA Games, the organising committee hopes to give Singapore sports a boost, and to take the local sports industry to the next level.
7. We look forward to a fruitful partnership with Rajah & Tann and a memorable 28th SEA Games. Together, let’s Celebrate the Extraordinary!
Press Release - Rajah & Tann is Official Legal Partner of the 28th SEA Games 2015