Government agencies communicate via
websites (e.g. go.gov.sg/open).
Look for a
or https:// as an added precaution. Share sensitive information only on official, secure
You are here:
No, you can submit as many programmes as you like, as long as they adhere to the conditions set out in the Programme Endorsement Application Guidelines.
Programmes can be in either of these categories:
(a) Sports Exposure
- One-off events/ programmes
- Aims to introduce a sport to the masses
- Convey that sports is fun and easy to do
- Examples are: sports clinics, camps, tryouts, events or carnivals within the school
(b) Sports Play
- Structured, regular instructional courses (LTP Level 1)
- Facilitate the learning of a sports skill at the beginner level
- Learning of basic information and skills of a particular sport
(c) Sports Development
- Follow up from Sports Play programmes
- Structured, regular instructional courses at a more advanced level (e.g. Level 2, 3 and so on)
- Provide age-appropriate and higher level skills from Sports Play
(d) Sports League
- Intra-school competitions (e.g. inter-class competitions) that take place over prolonged period
- Participating teams have opportunity to play against each other on regular basis
For schools that have opted in for SEP, you do not need to go through SSC to book programmes. Schools may refer to the list of endorsed programmes for the respective calendar year and proceed to contact the provider directly to arrange for the programme/ event to be organised. Please click here for school's step by step guide to SEP.
No, changes to the content of the programmes endorsed by the SEP Assessment Panel will not be allowed. You are only allowed to make changes to the contact details of the contact person in charge of the programme.
Yes. Providers providing endorsed programmes are strongly encouraged to market their programmes to schools. However, not all schools under MOE may be involved in SEP. Please click on the "contacts" module to browse through schools that are under SEP.
All programmes will need to be resubmitted and assessed by the SEP Assessment Panel in SEP 2014/2015 with programme(s) endorsement period of TWO years. To resubmit programmes, click on the "submit new programme" to complete a survey. After which, return to home page, and click on "resubmit programmes". Select the currently endorsed programmes that you want to resubmit.
Please apply for an SEP portal account to receive regular updates on SEP, including information on the next application window.
You can expect to be notified by SSC via email within two (2) months after the submission deadline.
For more enquiries, please email the SEP Portal Administrator at email@example.com.
1. Minimally an NCAP Theory level 1 or its equivalent (for certifications with equivalent standards, it is highly encouraged to seek accreditation before submission)
2. NROC/ NCAP technical certifications (especially if the local NSA is offering NCAP technical certifications for that sport type you are coaching) and/or
3. Other equivalent technical certifications to prove that you are able and capable of coaching the sport (please also submit transcripts, course syllabus etc)
4. National Standard for Youth Sport (NSYS)
5. A recognised valid Standard First Aid certification. For list of recognised courses, click here
6. Coach Acknowledgement Form. For sample of the form, click here.
Yes. As long as they are delivering the SEP programme, their details have to be submitted, and evaluated.
No. Individuals are only allowed to submit application for themselves as the coach for the programme.
SSC allows providers to update information on coaching related matters, e.g. additional coaches’ information, new certifications, removal of coaches etc, via the SEP portal. Login to your account and click on the "Manage Coaches" module. For submitting new coaches details, all soft copies of relevant certifications and standard first aid certifications will have to be submitted. SSC will then approve/ disapprove the coach.
The SEP grant is not to be used in conjunction with other government funding schemes (excluding MOE’s schemes). The other 50% of programme costs can be obtained from the school’s operation funds, students’ Edusave, or directly from the students.
For small value purchases of programmes from the SEP Vendor List (i.e. where EPV - Estimated Procurement Value does not exceed $3,000), the school can procure directly from any vendors from the SEP Vendor List. Schools do NOT need to raise Direct Purchase Orders (DPOs) to the vendors from the SEP Vendor List.
Schools shall call an open ITQ (Invitation To Quote) via GeBIZ. Under this ITQ, schools shall also invite Sports Providers with endorsed SEP programmes to participate if the SEP Grant will be utilised.
Yes. As long as the programme has been listed as an endorsed programme and the vendor makes it clear in the invoice that a discount has been offered, schools can still claim 50% of the cost incurred out of SEP grant.
Yes. Schools may use the Edusave Grant, Edusave Pupils’ Fund, School Operating Fund or other school funds to pay for the cost not covered by the grant. They have to comply with prevailing regulations governing the use of funds from these sources.
(a) For Government and Government-aided schools:
Schools will need to charge 50% of claimable expenses to IFAAS Project Code 500042 (SSC-SEP Grant) while the remaining 50% of the payment has to be borne by schools.
(b) Independent Schools/ Specialised Independent Schools/ Special Education Schools:
Independent and Specialised Independent Schools will need to pay 100% from school’s own funds first. Funds will be reimbursed to schools by 31 March based on the final report submitted through the SEP portal.
Note: All schools must login to SEP portal to submit a final report for programmes conducted, accompanied by soft copies of invoices by 31 Dec.
No. Schools are encouraged to utilize as much of the grant as possible by the end of each calendar year.
No, the SEP grant can only be used to engage providers who supply endorsed programmes under SEP. If a vendor you know is not in the endorsed list, you may like to inform them to register online for a login account, so that they can be informed of how to apply for endorsement for the next year.