Team Sports Performance Analysis
Please refer to course details for schedule
Add to Calendar
‘Team Sports Performance Analysis’ by Republic Polytechnic (RP)
(For All NROC Coaches)
This course in team sports match analysis introduces the use of various video-based technology tools and how these tools can be harnessed to support their coaching.
Participants will have the opportunity to practice with cutting-edge software used by professional sports clubs worldwide. In addition, participants will learn the fundamental principles of match analysis and how technology tools could be used to provide objective feedback to athletes. Participants will also be guided on a hands-on process to perform live video recording, tagging and sharing key video footages.
Participants will have a core understanding of match analysis and the use of technology in enhancing the coaching of team sports. Some highlights of the course include:
- Understanding the framework for a notational analysis system
- Identifying technological tools used in match analysis
- Conducting tagging by using match analysis tools
- Using multi-approaches in giving feedback throughout the coaching process
Participants will be awarded the Certificate of Attendance by Republic Polytechnic upon meeting 75% of the attendance requirement and upon completing a mini assignment.
About the Presenter
Ms Woo Mei Teng is a coach developer and lecturer in the Diploma in Sports Coaching at Republic Polytechnic. She is currently undertaking her Ph.D., major in Sports Pedagogy, with the University of Jyväskylä, Finland. Her areas of experience and expertise include:
- Performance analysis, kinesiology, motor control and learning
- Use of technology to enhance sports coaching (e.g. GPS system, video-based analysis, motion and match analysis, physiology testing)
- Sports coaching and sports analysis-related research in collaboration with National Institute of Education (NIE) and sports coaches (Hockey; Water Polo)
- Performance Analyst for Singapore Indoor Hockey Men’s and Women’s teams at 29th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games
Date and Time
- 31 March 2021 (Wednesday), 9am to 6pm
- 22 September 2021 (Wednesday), 9am to 6pm
This course is conducted online.
All pricing below includes GST:
- Original price: S$288.90 per pax
- Singapore Citizens (aged 40 and above): S$28.89 per pax
- SME-employed Singapore Citizens & SPR: S$32.67 per pax
- Singapore Citizens aged below 40 OR Singapore PR: S$86.67 per pax
Please note that the provision of publicity and recognition of CCE hours for the above courses/workshops/seminar is purely informative and coaches are advised to select their choice of CCE courses/workshops/seminars best suited for their learning needs. Sport Singapore does not have direct regulatory powers over the organisers delivering the publicised courses/workshops/seminars.